Women’s Training College is a pioneer institution for girls education. The strong realization of the need for teachers and the role of women in school teaching, led to the establishment of Women’s Training College on 14th August, 1951. The College has played a crucial role in the field of Teacher Education during the last six decades. It is the only women’s college of teacher education in the state having a constituent status.
The college was established in the hostel of Patna Girl`s High School as a temporary arrangement and government sanctioned appropriate money for having a suitable campus for the college. Soon after all the government colleges in Patna and few private colleges were transferred to Patna university as such Patna women`s Training college being a government college, was also transferred to Patna university. About 10 years after, a site was selected and after the building was handed over to the college to shift itself.
In the year 1976, the college was shifted from Bankipore girl's high school to Department of Education, Dariapur. Around that time classes were being conducted in two sessions in the single room. About two years later, the college was shifted to Gandhi Maidan besides Magadh Mahila College, Patna.
The college caters to building a hundred and twenty teachers every year. At present,, the Patna University holds an entrance test every year for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Programme of the college. The college is going to be renovated and updated with all the facilities required to build good teachers. The college environment is constantly bubbling with a lot of energy and activities. A lot of workshops, cultural activities, excursion, sports, art and craft activities, NSS programmes are organized in the college. The college has organized symposium, established a Baby Care Centre. The college prepares dedicated and competent teachers with an aim to give their best services to the various schools of the state.top digital marketing company coimbatore